Saturday, August 14, 2010

Brother Dearest - Chapter 2

After Leah died, I think a part of my father died too. The two most beloved people in his life were gone. I didn't matter much. I wasn't enough like Mom or Sis for him to love me like he did them. After Leah was killed, I became invisible. I was just the girl in the house. I went without birthdays for seven years. And Dad became an angry wreck. He drank himself into a stupor every night, and stormed around the house the next morning. Only Alyssa could quell his anger. 



Since Dad wasn't doing his fair-share around the house, Alyssa was too busy modeling, and her perfect little angel Adam was too wonderful to do any work, I was the designated maid. Most of the time I'd just do things for Alyssa. Go to the market and get dinner, the mall to pick up a new model outfit, clean the floors, do the laundry, and dust their room. I was just getting dinner ready one night, when Alyssa called me outside.



She was outside on her new "Tan Pro 3000" at 7:30 at night. I never understood her pursuits of beauty. Not even now. "Nicole. Be a dear and go to the pharmacy. I just need you to pick up some Asprin for Daniel." She gave me a sickly sweet smile. "You know, 'Daniel' is my Dad. You could at least try to make it sound like I am a part of this family." I raised an eyebrow. "Just go will you?" Alyssa snapped. "Fine. Where are the keys to the car?" I sighed. "Oh, you can walk. Just hurry. You still have to make dinner."



I stalked through an alleyway that I always used as a shortcut to the center of town. It was littered with junk and signs. I looked to the other end of the alley, the parking lot, and stopped in my tracks. Somebody was standing there. As still as a statue, they looked looked as if they were waiting for something... Me. 




        

I tried to back away slowly. The last thing I wanted was to be mugged or worse. But my legs felt like lead. I couldn't move. I stifled a gasp of horror as soon as I saw who it was.
Adam.




"Nicole." He said. "Come here." I looked into his eyes, which I now know was a huge mistake. As soon as I gazed into them, my will faded. My thoughts melted away. Even my subconscious mind, which was screaming at me to get the hell out of there, was silenced. I took a step forward, and the last of my willpower was broken. "Follow me." He said. We walked through the parking lot and came to a cliff overlooking the sea.

 



It was a beautiful view. I knew that if Adam was going to kill me tonight, this beautiful spot is where I would want to die. "Nicole? Do you know why I killed Leah?" He asked. There was no emotion in his angelic voice. I brushed my hair behind my ears, and swallowed. I can't stand waiting. If He's going to kill me, he should do it soon. Running would have been useless even if I could move on my own terms. He could catch me easily. 
"You hate me. You hate me so much that you took the only thing in my life that I loved away from me." I kept my eyes on the ocean I replied. 
"It's more than that Nicole. I'm going to kill you. Not tonight though." He turned and walked away. And I followed, my legs still weren't under my control. We walked closer to home, and he stopped again. I stood there as he went behind me. I was truly terrified. Even if he wasn't going to kill me, he could still hurt me. He said something under his breath, and my chest exploded in fiery pain. I screamed as my legs buckled and I hit the ground. Hard. My vision was swimming with bright red spots. Before I was completely out, I managed a whisper. 
"Who are you?"
Then everything was gone.








Thanks for reading! This is the official forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/242312.page#3058583


No comments:

Post a Comment